Monday, March 14, 2011

Owl Obsession...


This is one of several owls I created last year as Christmas Tree Ornaments.  I had such a great time designing and creating these, it just increased my adoration of owls.  Now I have a creative desire to find many ways to incorporate owls into my work. So I get excited anytime I see others works using an owl design..


This collage gives me so much inspiration and many ideas for different directions I can go to incorporate owls throughout my designs.  I love the crochet owls and would love to learn how to make them.  I also think the white owl with red eyes and red stitching is so sweet.  I'm not certain what it is, but the design is really fun.  (photo borrowed from flickr)


How cute are these felt owl ornaments?  I love them.  They are so charming and fun and I really love the addition of the branch that the owls are standing on.  I also think that the stitching is really cute.  For some reason I really like contrasting stitching. These are different from mine in that they are handmade felt, where I use already pressed felt. (photo borrowed from flickr)


This owl (photo borrowed from flickr) is similar to my design, but I love how it is made into a wall hanging.  What an adorable idea for a kids room or nursery.


These little cuties would make an adorable card.  Maybe that is the purpose in which they were created.  I have been practicing with a stamped owl and shading with copic markers as you have seen in earlier post.  I am still very much in the learning process, but I'm loving every moment.  Looking forward to my skills increasing.  (photo borrowed from flickr)

2 comments:

Create...

~Creation.. ~

Inspiration

mom and dads house

Aspire....

My Booths/Spaces #205 & #189 at Wertz Brothers Antique Mart, Santa Monica California

Dream

Crafty Studio
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...